Given the impact of COVID-19, a lot of thought and consideration has been given to this year’s Supper Club. We are acutely aware that many businesses have suffered significantly due to the enforced lockdown. We do not want to add any further pressure to what is a difficult situation for everyone.
However, in every crisis it is important to respond positively as individuals and as a community and look at new opportunities to do things a little bit differently. We challenged ourselves with how we could financially and emotionally support the very people that have supported us over the years, whilst still keeping our goal of working with RMHC New Zealand to support families when their child is in a hospital away from home.
So with that in mind we are proud to announce that our Supper Club will go ahead this year – but with a TWIST!
This year will be mainly about supporting LOCAL businesses,
- The cost is $1,120 for a table of ten people (not eight as in previous years).
- $200 of this is a donation to RMHC New Zealand, and is tax deductible.
- $800 goes to the restaurant you will be attending on the night – this is subject to GST.
- Some venues will be BYO, but some do not allow this due to licencing restrictions. At non-BYO restaurants alcohol will need to be purchased from the establishment.
- There will be a pre-dinner function, but this has moved to the Town Hall with the usual start time of 5pm.
- We will continue with our digital auction. This auction will be accessible on your mobile device, and we look forward to sharing the details with you closer to the time.
- Any business that is willing to donate an auction item will be offered `cost price’ for that item. Hopefully, on our digital auction it will sell for much more than `cost’ and any additional money raised will go to support local businesses that have supported our Supper Club in the past.
- There will be an after party at Vault 21 for anyone interested starting at 10.00pm.
Having been in our bubbles for such a long time – this event is a good opportunity to go out for a great night, SUPPORTING AND CELEBRATING LOCAL BUSINESSES and have some fun.
For more information about this years Dunedin Supper Club, or if you wish to purchase a table, please get in touch with Holly on firstname.lastname@example.org 027 403 2535.